Winter Weather Support Services
Designed specifically for snow removal, snow plowing operations and key decision makers with regard to winter weather events, our 5-day planning forecasts are issued daily during the morning, and updated as needed during the mid to late afternoon so that overnight and next day operations can be planned for.
Our specialized forecasts include the site specific probability of snow and/or ice, start and stop times, the amount of snow on pavement versus grass, potential for icing due to melting snow re-freezing, daytime high temperatures, overnight low temperatures, and detailed wind information for drifting snow. Verbal updates are made to a designated contact where we provide an overview of the forecast and can explain in more detail what to expect from the winter storm.
Post-storm Reports For Full Control
Our forecasts are tailored to your location and particular set of needs. NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories are also passed along as soon as they are issued for your area. With our superior forecasts, you can be more confident to make informed decisions concerning winter weather which will help you save money and time.
After the storm, we issue a post-storm report that describes the storms characteristics, when precipitation began and ended, and snow and ice depths from trained weather spotters and other sources from around the area. These reports can assist with billing, legal, and budget issues. Our Winter Weather Support Service will keep you one step ahead of Mother Nature and will allow you to function more efficiently with the most accurate weather forecasts available.
Winter Weather Support. What do you get?
Our Winter Weather Support Services includes the following:
- Planning Forecasts e-mailed each morning with updates as necessary.
- Notification of NWS Watches, Warnings and Advisories.
- Snow and ice depth and duration estimates (for pavement as well as grass).
- Storm updates as necessary, to keep you aware of any changes that may impact your operations.
- Verbal updates with a designated contact for greater detail.
- Full phone support (you may call for immediate updates).
- Post-storm report including a storm narrative and snow and ice depths and duration throughout the area.
Our forecasts can be delivered via e-mail, web site, fax and alpha/pagers to ensure you receive critical information wherever you are.